8 Day – South Africa Garden Route to Kruger National Park
- Visit Capetown, Table Mountain and Cape of Good Hope, all known for their history and natural beauty.
- World-renowned Garden Route- boasts pristine beaches and captivating scenery.
- Kruger National Park- South Africa’s most exciting safari destination for the Big Five: Elephant, lion, rhino, leopard and Cape Buffalo! You will also see many more wildlife species with up close and personal interactions!
- Famous Panorama Route-The Blyde River Canyon along the Panorama Route will leave you awe-struck with its magnificent waterfalls and sweeping views of the surrounding mountains and bushveld.
Guests fly in the day before the tour and will be transferred to the hotel for a meet and greet dinner.
Accommodation: Southern Sun Cullinan
Please feel free to call us directly or submit your contact information in the form below to speak to a BrushBuck tour guide for more information.
DAY 1: TABLE MOUNTAIN TO CAPE POINT
We depart for one of the NEW 7 Natural Wonders of the World -Table Mountain! This scenic trip up the cable offers breathtaking views and fantastic photography opportunities. We will stop along the way to view the penguin colonies at Simonstown, where there will also be opportunity for local and unique shopping experiences. After we have lunch and shop, we will then head for The Cape of Good Hope, known to locals as Cape Point. Cape Point Nature Reserve is situated on the southwestern point of Africa and one of the most unspoilt and pristine landscapes on earth. There we may have opportunities to see some wildlife such as ostrich, baboons, Blesbok, and Eland. Throughout the day, we will enjoy the dramatic and scenic vistas that South Africa has to offer!
Accommodation: Southern Sun Cullinan or similar
Cape Town South Africa
DAY 2: DEPART FOR KNYSNA (SCENIC STOPS ALONG THE WAY)
We depart early in the morning, crossing the scenic Sir Lowry’s Pass that overlooks the whole of False Bay. We follow the road into the Overberg region, past the apple orchards and vineyards of the Elgin Valley. As the road climbs over the Houw Hoek Pass, you will have spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and valleys, lending to its nickname, “The Valley of Heaven and Earth”. The journey continues through beautiful wheat and Canola fields and fynbos of the Overberg region, passing through quaint little towns such as Caledon and Riviersonderend. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Blue Crane Bird, the national bird of South Africa, which is often seen in these fields. As we travel, we will visit unique roadside stalls, called a “Padstal”, that sells local art, crafts and fresh produce. Make sure to try some of the local specialties, like bokkoms, a type of dried fish, and the best South African local biltong. Later, we will cross the bridge over the Kaaimans River, where the views of unspoilt, outstretched beaches await you. Finally, we continue along the Indian Ocean, heading for Knysna, our overnight stop. This lovely coastal town is located in the heart of the famous Garden Route and is renowned for its natural beauty. As the sun starts to set, we visit the Waterfront for a sundowner, drink, or dinner at one of the many restaurants, bars or pubs.
Accommodation: Belvedere Manor or similar
DAY 3: SCENIC STOPS TO PE (STAY AT PE)
Be ready for a journey once again filled with breath-taking views, thrilling experiences and unforgettable memories. From the pristine beaches of Plettenberg Bay, to the rugged cliffs of Storms River and over the famous Bloukrans bridge, you will constantly be surrounded by natural beauty.
We will stop at Tsitsikamma National Park, which is home of the most dramatic coastal scenery in South Africa. The National Park features a rugged coastline, with towering cliffs, crashing waves, and a pristine forest that stretches right up to the edge of the ocean. You may want to take a reasonably easy 1 kilometer hike along the boardwalk towards the 3 suspension bridges. One long suspension bridge is built over the mouth of the Stormsriver and 2 smaller bridges on the side, it is truly a spectacle to see. After this, we proceed to Port Elizabeth, a vibrant city on the East Coast of South Africa. The city is known for its beaches and cultural attractions. This is your overnight stop before an early morning departure to the amazing Kruger National Park by a domestic flight.
Accommodation: The Kelway Hotel or similar
Tsitsikamma National Park
DAY 4: PORT ELIZABETH (GQEBERHA) TO KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
We depart for the airport after breakfast at the hotel, to catch our flight to Kruger National Park, South Africa’s premiere safari destination! After our flight to Kruger, we will head to our lodge to check in and get ready for our evening game drive. On the way into the lodge, we can see elephants, giraffes, cape buffalo, impala and other plains game species. On the evening game drive, we will have our best chance to see the Big 5, elephant, cape buffalo, lion, leopard, and rhino! Get your cameras ready!!
Accommodation: Lower Sabie or similar
Kruger National Park
DAY 5: WILDLIFE VIEWING IN KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
BrushBuck guests will have a choice of a morning guided game walk or a game drive. Early mornings can often provide the best times to see lions and leopards, and get close for the best photographic opportunities! Afterwards, we will head back to the lodge for lunch and some down time around the pool before the evening game drive.
Accommodation: Lower Sabie or similar
Kruger National Park Game Drive
DAY 6: DAY TOUR TO SATARA REST CAMP VIA SKUKUZA / LUNCH WITH AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE
After breakfast, we will head north to another area of Kruger, stopping for wildlife viewing opportunities along the way. Guests will have more opportunities to photograph zebra and many other species of the African plains. After settling in at our new lodge, there will be time to enjoy the amenities of the rest camp including a nice pool area and some local shopping! Later in the afternoon, we will head out for an evening game drive with more plans of getting close to the Big 5!
Accommodation: Satara or similar
Kruger National Park Game Drive
DAY 7: SATARA TO WHITE RIVER VIA PANORAMA ROUTE TO WHITE RIVER
Today, we will head to White River via the famous Panorama Route that winds through Blyde River Canyon, the third largest canyon in the world. We will see the Three Rondavels, a geological feature in the canyon of 3 peaks shaped like traditional beehive huts. We will also see magnificent waterfalls and sweeping views of surrounding mountains! On the Panorama Tour, we will have an opportunity to shop some local arts and crafts. Once at our quaint guest house, we will enjoy a traditional Boma dinner under the open skies!
Meals: Breakfast, Boma Dinner
Accommodation: Stille Woning or similar
DAY 8: TRANSFER TO JOHANNESBURG VIA BUS / INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
After a farewell breakfast at the guest house, we will transfer to Johannesburg via a City Bug shuttle that will bring you to the airport for your flight back home!
End of tour.
* Accommodations subject to change and availability.
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Guaranteed safari confirmations
- Transportation in touring vans while on tour
- Transportation in open air safari vehicles on game drives
- Full accommodation in lodges as listed
- Experienced English speaking driver/guide
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- In country flight from Port Elizabeth to Kruger National Park
- All personal travel insurance
- Hotel accommodations before/after the listed itinerary
- All personal expenses; e.g. laundry, telephones, beverages, tips
- Any other extras not stated as included above
- Tips to guides and hotel staff
- Flights before and after tour
Base Public Tour Pricing
- Double Occupancy$4,599
- Single Occupancy$5,399
- International flights must be booked into Cape Town, South Africa (CPT) and out of Johannesburg O. R. Tambo International Airport (JNB).
- South Africa Tourist Visas are stamped on visitors’ passports upon entry to the airport.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months left before expiration and also at least 3 blank pages.
- Ask your travel doctor for malaria pills that will work best for you and your travel companion. We use Malarone, but that may not work for everyone.
- Your International Certificate of Vaccination will be needed on this trip.
- Your passport will be needed for travel throughout this tour.
- A traveler’s wallet is suggested with two (2) credit cards and at least one ATM card. Tell your bank where you are going otherwise they will shut your cards off for fraud protection. It is advisable to keep $1,000 USD in small bills ($20’s, $10’s, and $5’s) on hand throughout the vacation along with local currency.
- Weather is mildly cold (60 degrees Fahrenheit) to very hot (100+ Fahrenheit). We suggest packing thin long sleeve shirts, thin pants or zip off pants as these prevent sunburns and bug bites. For cooler nights and early mornings, be sure to pack a medium weight jacket. Laundry service is available and saves a lot of packing.
- Currency is the South African Rand which can be withdrawn at the ATM or bank upon arrival, Call your bank to let them know you are traveling!
- Trip insurance is highly recommended on any international trip. We recommend Allianz Travel Insurance or Travelers Insurance.
- Guests adding on their trip to Victoria Falls please consult your booking agent for vaccinations and visa information for Zambia and Zimbabwe. .
Cancellation Policy: 50% of the price of the tour will be withheld outside of 60 days; within 60 days, 100% of the total price of the tour will be charged.
BOOK THIS SOUTH AFRICA SAFARI TOUR TODAY!
Contact BrushBuck today to reserve your Africa Safari adventure of a lifetime!