Embrace winter in the Rockies on a guided tour of Grand Teton and the National Elk Refuge. Animals such as moose, wolves, bison, bighorn sheep, eagles, and coyotes are often seen. Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride onto the Elk Refuge.
- Take an immersive look at the glory of Grand Teton National Park in an enclosed and heated vehicle
- Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride onto the National Elk Refuge
- Get the chance to see wildlife such as moose, bison, bighorn sheep, eagles, elk and wolves
- Receive expert insight from your outgoing and professional tour guides
Day Tour: (approx. 8 Hours)
After early-morning pickup from your Jackson Hole hotel, your naturalist guide will take you into Grand Teton National Park. Even in the quiet of a snowy winter, wildlife can be spotted in the park and your guide knows where to look for animals. On any given day, you could see moose, bison, bighorn sheep, elk, mule deer, bald eagles, golden eagles, pronghorn, coyotes, or even wolves as you explore the park. You’ll witness the beauty of the wide, snowy plains that stretch out to the jagged mountains, as you learn about the ancient geology that gave rise to the landscape.
At midday, you can come in from the cold to enjoy lunch in the famous western-cowboy town of Jackson, Wyoming where you can dine at a local Jackson, Wyoming restaurant. Following lunch, you will head back outside for a horse-drawn sleigh ride at the National Elk Refuge. The horse-drawn sleigh will carry you through the low valley that hosts thousands of wintering elk, providing another spectacular sight.
You can snap social media–worthy pics of the large herds as your guide explains how the elk migrate from the surrounding area to the refuge, a 24,700-acre (9,996-hectare) winter sanctuary hosting 47 different mammals and nearly 175 species of birds such as trumpeter swans and bald eagles. At the end of a memorable 8-hour tour of this winter wonderland, your guide will return you to your hotel where your tour ends.
- National Elk Refuge tickets
- Restaurant lunch in Jackson, WY
- Use of Binoculars and Spotting Scope
- Snacks and Refreshments
- Hotel pickup/drop-off in the Jackson Hole area
- Park Entry fee. The park entry fee is $20.00 per adult (16 and up), and good for seven days. Guests who have a “Golden Age Pass” or an “Interagency Park Pass” can use these passes on the tour as well.
- Guide gratuity (10-15% of tour price recommended)
Public Tour Pricing
- $199Per Person
50% of the total price of the tour will be withheld outside of 48 hours; within 48 hours, the total price of the tour (100%) will be charged.