Our custom Grand Teton 8 Hour Day Tour consists of a Dawn AND a Dusk wildlife tour in one day. Touring at these peak wildlife viewing times maximizes your wildlife sighting opportunities.
Our Grand Teton Dawn or Dusk tours are 4-hour guided tours centered on wildlife observation throughout Grand Teton National Park. Guests traveling between June-September on the public four-hour tour will be in our EXCLUSIVE BrushBuck Wildlife Tours Open-Air Safari Vehicle *weather dependent. In colder weather conditions tours will be an enclosed vehicle.
Our Grand Teton Winter Wonderland Day Tour includes a horse drawn sleigh ride on The National Elk Refuge. The National Elk Refuge is the wintering ground for thousands of elk that seek the low valley in order to better endure the harsh winter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What wildlife can you see in Yellowstone during the winter?
During the winter months, there is a chance to view and photograph wolves, bison, elk, coyote, fox, bald eagles, golden eagles, bighorn sheep, mule deer, pronghorn and mountain goats.
What types of winter tours of Yellowstone are there?
Our unique Yellowstone winter tours include short 4 hour tours, to multiple-day tours, to full-day snowmobile tours! We offer tons of options to fit the exact experience you are looking for this winter!
Our most popular tours include:
- Yellowstone Winter Wolf Adventure (4 Day / 3 Night)
- Yellowstone and Grand Teton Winter Tour (4 Day / 3 Night)
- Yellowstone Snowmobile Tour to Old Faithful
- Yellowstone Snowmobile Wildlife Tour with Two Waterfalls
- Yellowstone Snow Coach Wildlife Tour to Old Faithful
What is the weather like in Yellowstone during the winter?
Temperatures typically range from 27°F – 52°F (-3C-11C) starting in early November to early April. The valley floor will typically see snow from October – April. The higher elevations typically see snow from September to June. Huge temperature fluctuations from day to night are very common, sometimes exceeding 50°F difference!
What are the health protocols to keep guests safe?
Safety of our guests are a top priority. We have strict protocols to insure a safe and fun adventure:
- Cleaning and sanitizing vehicles after every tour
- Use of disposable items such as: tablecloths, paper plates and cups
- Operating vehicles at 50% capacity to provide a greater social distance for customers throughout the tour.
- Operating private tours so each group one family or travel group
- Guests will have availability to face masks and hand sanitizer throughout the tour