The Gros Ventre Mountain Range (pronounced groh-vahnt) is part of the Central Rocky Mountains and is located west of the Continental Divide in Wyoming. The highest summit in the range is Doubletop Peak at 11,720 feet. The Gros Ventre Mountain Range is mostly within the Gros Ventre Wilderness of Bridger-Teton National Forest. To the northwest of the range lies the valley known as Jackson Hole. The Gros Ventre name is French, which means “big belly”, and originated from Indian sign language meant to convey the idea of “always hungry”. The area is home to elk, moose, deer, black grizzly bear, and many other species. The United States Congress designated the Gros Ventre Wilderness in 1984 and it now has a total of 317,874 acres. Gros Ventre is a popular destination for snowmobiling for novices, as well as seasoned riders.
Due to the delicate nature of the Grand Teton wildlife, no off trail riding is authorized on this tour to ensure the utmost safety for both the animals and our snowmobile riders.
Explore the wilderness to spot elk, moose, coyote, big horn sheep and bald eagles living in the Grand Teton National Park. Far older than the Tetons, The Gros Ventre (Gro Vont) wilderness and mountain range provide critical winter habitat for many species of wildlife within the greater Jackson Hole ecosystem. While on this wildlife snowmobile ride around the Gros Ventre range, take in the views unseen by those on foot, and experience nature like never before.
Gros Ventre Wilderness Snowmobile Tour
Get ready to experience beautiful scenery on this wonderful winter snowmobile tour perfect for the entire family! Explore the wilderness to spot elk, moose, coyote, big horn sheep, and bald eagles. Join us for a full-day tour through Gros Ventre National Forest (no off-trail riding).
- Door-to-door transportation / Hotel pick-up
- Use of snow boots, helmet, snowsuit
- Use of environment friendly snowmobiles
Full Day Tour Pricing
- DRIVERStarting at $375
- PASSENGER 13+ years oldStarting at $245
- CHILD PASSENGER (AGES 5-12)Starting at $215
We have a 4-snowmobile minimum requirement for a tour to take place. If your party is not 4 or more, we try to book more people for the tour. If your tour does not meet the 4-snowmobile minimum, we will reschedule you to a different day or tour, or let you cancel without penalty.
- Advanced reservation required due to limited access into our National Parks and Forests
- Child passengers must at least 8 years of age
- Drivers must be at least 16 years of age. Exceptions for younger drivers with experience will be considered by the company
- Private tours require 4 snowmobile minimum, private guide fee of $475, and 20% gratuity added